Just single click on each picture to get a full screen shot of each picture...

Then make sure you hit your back button on your browser to get back to reading/reviewing other pics...

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Grayson packs his bags...



The advice I heard from people about "speeding things along" was plentiful...each person/couple has their own recipe...






Take a long walk...eat spicy food...drive over railroad tracks...and of course, the ever-popular "have sex"!






For Allyson? All it took (in addition to these other methods) was a simple glass of champagne. One of our best friends Courtenay came to the house with a bottle that I think was supposed to be used at the hospital after Grayson's grand arrival. But if you know us, that concept was lost as soon as we saw the bottle walk in the door!






First, she had a contraction (which she had been having for weeks), but this one was a doozy. Courtenay's response? "I bet you go tonight...". Prophetic words indeed. Courtenay left, and I was headed to bed for "one last good night of sleep" since the first step for induction was scheduled for the next day.






At 10:00 PM, "Umm, either my water broke, or I just wet my pants..." My father-in-law Ed and I were upstairs, my sister-in-law Megan down with Allyson. Everybody freezes...Well? Which is it?! My response is to break out the baby books. What does it look like? What does it smell like? None of these descriptions are helping since Allyson just has wet underwear and holding them up for inspection isn't helping...We decide to wait for a more effective presentation...After all, pregnant women do have accidents, right? :)






At 10:15"Umm, I'm pretty sure my water just broke!" Ed and I stand up in unison...what!!?? I'm standing at the top of the stairs and Allyson comes to the front door landing and stops to look up. I turn on the light to see that it definitely now appears that she wet her pants. Her hands are shaking and held out to either side, with a look on her face that could only be described as a combination of excitement and fear. She says "I think this is it!". This IS truly it...after what seemed to be an eternity of emotional roller coaster rides over a period of 3 years (if you know us there is no need for details), THIS IS IT!






My first reaction? I went into her closet and grabbed a pair of flip-flops to give her since she was in in bare feet so she didn't get her feet wet...Yep, I have NO idea why that was my first reaction either...I'm still confused as to why I went there.



My sister in law has video of the rest of the action (which I will hopefully find a way to post)...and ultimately we collected enough of our marbles to start making decisions again.


In the end, the "Go-Time" bag was packed, and the trip to the hospital 10 minutes away was uneventful...




So here we go!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love you guys so much. I am so happy that I got to see Grayson before I left. I love love love you! I am crying because I miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete